Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Moisture in the Air



I love waking up to an outside world with moisture in the air. Tiny water droplets surround me and create a warm blanket to walk through as I engage in my morning ritual. All I can think is, my lettuce is going to love this! The ground has a small layer of moisture preparing itself for the hopes of rain. I breath this sense of calmness before I release the Kracken, I mean fowl. The ducks are already making it quite known that they are ready to come out and face the day. The male mallard runs straight for the pond diving underneath and dabbling for whatever he may find.
The chickens all line up at the watering trough pushing for who gets to be in line first somewhat reminiscent of my 2nd graders. I exit lashing the gate so Ginger can not push her way through and eat all the chicken feed. As I approach "the ladies" Ginger and Butters are side by side standing on their hind legs waiting "patiently" for breakfast. As I feed the ladies Milo, the marmalade cat, jumps up the fence and starts to saunter toward the goat shack. Then he and Marigold deadlock eyes each curious about who the other who shares their color of fur. I can see their heads racing trying to figure out the familial connection. As I exit the goat paddock I think of all I need to get done out here before work, but then I take in a deep breath of heavy warm air and am thankful for the work. Peace.








No comments:

Post a Comment